It’s time to name, deshame and reframe our thoughts and beliefs around mortgage rates.
This is a time of massive fluctuation in the economy – with rising variable rates, I have spoken to many women who feel shameful around their decisions to lock in variable rates years ago.
The truth is – how would you have known? This isn’t your fault. And in today’s episode, we’re reframing our beliefs around this topic and looking at it through a lens of empowerment vs. shame.
We talk about:
- [0:00] Intro
- [1:25] How often women worry about money
- [6:20] Mortgage rates in the post-pandemic world
- [8:10] Generational experiences with financial crisis
- [9:45] Variable vs. fixed mortgage trends
- [11:00] My own personal experience and beliefs about this topic
- [12:05] What to do if you’re in a financial crisis right now
- [13:25] Our nervous system’s response to money
- [18:05] Name, deshame, reframe
- [20:40] Finding someone safe to talk to
- [22:45] How to change your relationship to money
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Charge What You’re Worth: https://view.flodesk.com/pages/64a5ecb5349daf2cf867bccb
- Loving Money Course: https://leissewilcox.com/loving-money
Connect with me
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/leissewilcox/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/leisse-wilcox
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVAcBbERnSAW0V4R58uqxLQ?
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.ca/leissewilcox/
- Website: https://leissewilcox.com/